Tuesday 20 November 2018

20.11.2018

I know
I'm still in love
When I realized
Seeing her on your lockscreen
Gently, quietly gorgeous
Broke me into bits

I can never do that, y'know
Putting someone on my lockscreen
I never had the privilige
To love and show that love
Like you do

You love her.
Love, not loved.
That fact is so plain
So painfully simple
That can kill any dreams of mine.

I adore how much you love her
And I want to keep that for you too
That little precious, honest, priceless thing
Should never be harmed
In any way
By anyone.

It's funny
When what you love most about someone
Is the way he loves someone else

How can I protect it
Without putting my soul on fire
I have yet to know

Sometimes it's too bitter
Sometimes it's too sweet
Driving me crazy
As if I'm still sane enough

All in all,
I am so thankful that you noticed me
Treated me as if I'm your friend
Your little sister
(Maybe I'm just imagining it?)

I actually think that
I can be strong enough
Someday
To treat you the same
Then I can have one of the best hearts in the world
That I can call a friend
And will take pride in it forever.

Missing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment