Monday 25 November 2013

Run away



Run Away




They say you shouldn't run from problems
But for me that's all it takes.
A simple jog or sprint becomes
A truly sweet escape.

Jump jump skip,
Jump jump flip.
I run around the corner
And hop o'er the cliff.

Deep breaths in
Smooth breaths out
My anger simmers down,
Yet I still long to shout.

Bounce bounce kick,
Bounce bounce sh*t!
I start to lose focus and
Fall in a ditch.

My head is no longer swollen,
The nerves, once tight, are calm.
My heart, it pounds so rhythmically,
I relax my clenching palms.

Glide glide kick,
Glide glide skip.
I run along the pavement
Smooth as a whip.

My mind is lost,
I feel so free.
My legs are swift
They carry me.

Bound bound graze,
Bound bound leap.
I jog across the tree shades
And spring o'er the creek.

Through worn dirt paths
To familiar destinations,
These evening runs are really
My only self evasion.




No comments:

Post a Comment